Since a large number of people stay together in the dorm it is important that we all do our best to contain the infection as much as possible, both for us locally and for the society as a whole. We generally recommend the guidelines issued by The Danish Health Board which can be found here. Please be aware that these are based on the current situation and therefore are subject to change. We therefore recommend that you keep an eye on the provided website. We accordingly recommend that you:
- Regularly use hand sanitizer and/or wash your hands thoroughly (20 seconds).
- Cough/sneeze in your sleeve.
- Keep a physical distance of 1-3 meters to others.
- Avoid unnecessary contact, e.g. hugs, kisses and handshakes.
Based on the findings of the Residents’ Council and in questionnaires posted on the Facebook group it seems that the majority agrees that you should consider the following:
- Avoid unnecessary social gatherings and parties in the dorm.
- Avoid spending unnecessary time in common areas.
- Avoid having guests over if possible, especially in common areas, as a single carrier of the virus could pose an infection risk to many residents.
- Internally agree on who uses the kitchen at what time.
- Regularly wipe handles and surfaces with a disinfectant.
- Wash clothes at 60 degrees and bed linen and sheets at 90 degrees, as the virus has been found to survive washes at lower temperatures.
This is in order to help prevent extreme situations where the dorm or an entire part of the city will be put on a curfew. We stress that these are not rules, but merely guidelines based on these findings and that minimizing contact reduces the spread. We know that these are peculiar times, but we encourage all residents to take responsibility and the necessary precautions; be patient and to talk to each other regarding establishing guidelines of conduct and the different issues that may appear – for instance on the Facebook page of the dorm. You can also contact the Residents’ Council at email@example.com.
Finally, the employees of the dorm are furthermore also at risk of infection, so therefore we encourage that you only ask for the help of handymen in emergency situations or situations where it is strictly necessary.